Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 8, 2022 at 6:38 am

The Seedbed Wake-Up Call, October 8, 2022

My first thought is that I have never been tested like that. I have never lost my income and I have never stood beside the coffin of one of my three sons. I can not relate to that level of loss, but I have definitely been in the “Hurricane of Loneliness.” When your in that state it is not a matter of degree, the pain is the same. The important thing to remember and my take away form Mike’s story is that God will see you through. “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them” (Romans 8:26–29 NIV).

Another verse that I have held on to during my dark nights of the soul is Psalm 30:5, “For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for a lifetime; Weeping may last for the night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning.” My dear departed wife from my first marriage would pray this over us anytime we were suffering trials and tribulations or the loss of a loved one. I prayed this scripture the night of her death and by morning I could say “it is well with my soul.” It was what sustained me in the days and nights of grief and loneliness that followed.

As far as what sowing there would look like, you can share your story with others that are experiencing grief and loneliness. We all have a story to share and there is always someone who needs to hear your story. I always start by just listening to their story before I share mine.