Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 10, 2022 at 6:24 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, October 10, 2022

From the very beginning, God gave mankind free will. The right to make a choice between obeying His commands or disobedience. The snake, and Eve for that matter, distorted (changed) God’s Words and that was the beginning of Secular Humanism.

Secular Humanism “emphasizes human potential and self-fulfillment to the point of excluding all need for God; it is a naturalistic philosophy based on reason, science, and end-justifies-the-means thinking” (gotquestions.org). Simply put, Secular Humanism is man deciding to be God and making decisions about good and evil rather than obeying what God says. This kind of thinking led to the building of the Tower of Babel and to all manner of evil, which is what Adam and Eve learned about when they ate of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Before they were deceived by the Snake they only new good as defined by God. Now they could decide and we have been on that slippery slope to Death and Hell ever since.

I may offend some of you by sharing some present day examples of human secularism in the modern church. Many in the church today have rationalized and distorted God’s word to make the practice of homosexuality, transgenderism, and a host of other forms of sexual immorality an acceptable Christian practice when God’s Word plainly and emphatically says it is not. They have even elevated the right to choose to the point that a woman should have a constitutional right to murder her unborn child. I could go on to cite other examples like “hooking up” and “shacking up,” coarse talk and gossip, but then I would really be meddling.

As far as “what should you do when you see a snake in your garden, is concerned. I don’t think we should run. I think we should kill it and throw it out of God’s Garden. I welcome your thoughts.