Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 13, 2022 at 6:18 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, October 13, 2022

I actually thought we were going to deal with the matter of delight in the Word of the Lord and biblical meditation today, but the Word of God is absolutely amazing and it is probably a good idea to pause and say why. For me, the big thing that separates Word of God from any other word is the incarnate (living) nature of the Word of God in the person of Jesus Christ (John 1:1-3). No other word, philosophy or ideology can make that claim. No other word or worldview has a better plan for living on Earth as it is Heaven.

The other thing that is unique is that the Word of God (Jesus Christ) is full of both Grace and Truth. As JD says, “The Word of God reveals the truth about God while unveiling the beautiful albeit broken truth about us through a master plot of reclamation, redemption, and restoration (Grace). This juxtaposition makes it truly amazing and easy to delight in and worthy of our attention (meditation).

Finally, the Word is what separates the blessed from the unblessed. “The difference between the blessed ones and the wicked ones comes down to one thing: Their deep and abiding engagement with the Word of God.” The question that then begs an answer is what constitutes a deep abiding engagement with the Word of God (Christ)? Perhaps we will deal with that tomorrow, but in my view it is the difference in just reading and hearing the Word and eating and doing the Word.