Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 16, 2022 at 6:30 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, October 16, 2022

I have to do a little catch up today. I have been tied up fishing with my boys on our annual Father/Son Weekend. We have been doing this for over 36 years. It is a tradition that my Dad started with his three sons and it is one that I hope my sons will continue. It is part of my legacy.

As far as the Holy Spirit story from yesterday is concerned, I can easily identify with Steve’s story. Mine is very similar to his even to the point of initial involvement in a “stuffy” and boring Presbyterian church. For my generation it could have just as easily been any other modern denominational church. I was baptized in a small Methodist church with the two of my sons. Prior to that I was just a cultural nominal Christian. What turned me on to Jesus was not a sermon or church ritual, but Godly people that surrounded me with unconditional love and encouragement. They had something I did not have and I wanted what they had, and the rest of the story is history.

As far as today’s reading from E. Stanley Jones is concerned, I firmly believe that “self redemption is the greatest form of self deception.” Self redemption is the way of Satan and it leads only to destruction. No one comes to the father except through the Son. New Birth and salvation is not something to be achieved. It is something to be received and once received it is something to live into not up to. It is a free gift of Grace; now go live your life in response to that. The Word of God tells us how and the Holy Spirit will show you the Way.