Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 17, 2022 at 6:17 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, October 17, 2022

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven (Hebrews 1:1-3, NIV).

I am reading JD and he is making very clear the relationship between Jesus, the Word of God, and our lives. I have copied the daily text here in order to record it as part of my digital journal entry for today.

For me, the order of things and who we are in this grand story is very important. Satan is the author of wrong relationships and the disrupter of God’s order. We are the creation, the garden; God is the Creator, the Gardener. We get in trouble when we reverse those roles as Satan deceived Adam and Eve into doing.

The Word of God is the seed, but Jesus is also the seed, the Word become flesh. So, I see Jesus as both the Seed and the Sower. In essence, He sows Himself, “the radiance of God’s glory, and the exact representation of His being.” We first have to open the door of our heart to Him, and then He comes into our hearts and sows the seeds of transformation, the Word of God, there (Revelation 3:20). The Fruit of the Spirit is produced out of abiding (delighting and meditating) in that relationship (see John 15:1-8).