Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 18, 2022 at 6:30 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, October 18, 2022

OMG (Oh my Gosh), I was taught that saying “Oh My God” was bad form, JD has started footnoting his reflections. However, please take time to read them. They help illuminate what He is trying to say. I will not follow his lead and start footnoting my comments. In fact, I am trying to make them shorter, more succinct, and to the point as my beloved Bride, Ann Cannon Mills, tells me I should 😊❤️.

I suppose it is possible for someone to read the Bible and miss Jesus, but I think that depends on whose reading it and for what purpose. If a non-believer reads it with a closed mind and heart, they might miss Him because they do not have eyes to see and ears to hear, yet (1 Corinthians 2:14-15). However, if a believer or someone under the conviction of the Holy Spirit really reads it, they can’t help but see Jesus because of the work of the Holy Spirit in revealing Christ to us. In fact, the reading, studying, and meditating on the Scriptures is spiritual practice (means of Grace) most highly correlated with transformation and spiritual growth (see the Willow Creek Reveal Studies, Reveal: Where Are You? and Follow Me: What’s Next for You?, Greg L. Hawkins and Cally Parkinson, Willow Creek Resources, reveal@willowcreek.com).

I guess I could have put the citation above in a footnote. OMG, I am becoming like JD Walt, but for the same reasons. I deeply desire you to grow in your knowledge and understanding of Jesus Christ and through His transforming power in the Word of God and the work of the Holy Spirit to become more like Him for the sake of others. As these studies “reveal” what the church needs is more spiritual coaches and mentors. That is also my desire for you.

Mark, are you still reading and tracking with us? Is there anybody else in this Band/Group that’s reading and tracking?