Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 19, 2022 at 5:57 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, October 19, 2022

I see JD’s vision of a Grace filled farm and I agree with the analogies that he has presented to demonstrate the Kingdom of God in Jesus, a life whose terms are both Heaven’s and Earth’s. My spirit resonates with the idea that Jesus sows the Word in us and through the work of the Holy Spirit He cultivates and prepares us to bear fruit. I also affirm that cultivation precedes fruit bearing.

However, in my view, there is more to this farming story and I am sure JD will get there at some point. The garden of our life is being prepared for a purpose, to produce the fruit of the Spirit and to be like Jesus for the sake of others. Once again, I go back to my main premise in our discussions, the Christian life of a Christ Follower is more than being cultivated, being active in a Christian Community of Faith, participating in a small group, affirming a certain set of beliefs, and adopting a particular behavior pattern. It is a matter of both being and doing (Mulholland, 2006).

The doing is where we become the sowers of the good news of Jesus Christ in the World. The doing is “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:19-20, NASB). The doing is being ministers of God’s reconciliation and Ambassadors for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:18-20, NASB).

Today’s Text also reminds me that as we sow the good news of Jesus Christ not everyone will respond. In the parable of the Sower that Jesus shared with us only 25% of the seed will fall on fertile ground and flourish. Unfortunately, In my personal experience, the percentage is much less than that in today’s world, but that does not deter me from my purpose in life.