Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 20, 2022 at 6:11 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, October 20, 2022

The phrase that struck me this morning is that “We live in a Genesis 3 reality (world) yet we were made for a Genesis 1 and 2 world.” As I have heard it said many times, in this world we are either in a storm, waiting for the next storm, or living in the aftermath of a storm. This is why trust (delight) in the Lord is so important. JD is spot on when he says, “This (delight) is about a growing depth of trust in God, a confidence in relationship, a befriending of the faithful one who is Jesus Christ.”

This got me to thinking about trust. What does it take for me to trust someone and to have confidence in our relationship. The first thing that comes to mind is faithfulness. The people that I trust and have confidence in do what they say they are going to do. They are always there for me and when I reach out for them, they will do all they can to meet the desires of my heart. They also love me too much not to tell me the truth.

The first person that comes to mind that I trust and have confidence in is my beloved spouse, Ann, in whom I definitely delight. The second person that comes to mind is my brother, Roger. I also have a few, very few, close friends that are faithful to me, but the one who has been the most faithful to me is God/Jesus. He has never failed me and I have great trust and confidence in our relationship. The only thing that can keep me from trusting in Jesus and taking delight in Him is myself. This is why I have to deny myself, pick up my cross daily, and follow Him. That has become the source of joy and the delight of my life in this Genesis 3 World we live in.