Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 22, 2022 at 6:02 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, October 22, 2022

This story and the vision of your life being a plowed field works ok for me. My reflections yesterday spoke to the non linear progression of our life in Christ. However, just like the seasons of the year and the repetitive farming cycle of plowing, sowing, nurturing, and reaping, our lives have different seasons. I have tried to learn to be content in the season that I am in.

I feel that I am currently in a season of yielding fruit (abiding and abandonment). I have experienced many cycles of plowing (preparation) and God sowing His Word into my life and transforming me to become my true self, my Christ self. It feels good to be in this season and I think God/Jesus is pleased with me.

The vision that works much better for me is the one we studied in Psalms 1. I do not walk in the counsel of the wicked; nor stand in the path of sinners; nor sit in the seat of scoffers; I delight in the Law of the Lord; and I meditate on it night and day. Rather than a plowed field, I see myself as tree planted by streams of living water that yields fruit in its season year after year.