Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 25, 2022 at 6:32 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, October 25, 2022

I love the image of God/Jesus stirring around in the field of my life to see if the seeds He has sown there have sprouted. It is probably the most critical time in farming and the development of a crop. I too have knelt down like that praying that I would find that the seeds were sprouting. It’s the beginning not the end, but without it there will be no harvest.

I also love the fact that God/Jesus was aware of me, paid attention to me and loved me before I even knew Him. He formed my inner most being and knit me together in my Mothers womb (Psalms 139:13). He knew me and loved me even before the foundation of the world (John 17:24). In Wesleyan theology, we call this prevenient Grace, God going before us.

Therefore, JD is right, His abiding precedes our abiding. We do tend to get that backwards and you can’t really move forward until you get it right. Once you accept this reality, you have sprouted and the growth in the Spirit begins. You become the seed that has died and has been born again and you are predestined to produce many more seeds (John 12:24). What follows this revelation is response (being and doing), loving God and others, and cultivating and nurturing the Spirit within us (sanctification). He chose us in love to become holy and blameless before Him (Ephesians 1:4). This requires our awareness and attention.