Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 26, 2022 at 6:35 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, October 26, 2022

There was not a lot new for me in today’s reading and Beth’s story. For me, It was just another affirmation of prevenient Grace. Jesus knows us, see us, loves us, and pays attention to us even if we don’t know or pay attention to Him. He always goes before and with us. Jesus is all, and is in all (Colossians 3:11).

What struck a familiar nerve within me was the Seedbed video “Invitation to follow Jesus into an Awakened Life” that JD mentions in his 3rd footnote. These footnotes are almost becoming more important than the readings. They take the reading a step further. As I viewed the video, I was reminded that it is one thing to accept Jesus and another thing to follow Jesus into an “Awakened Life.” I really think that’s what Beth was sharing.

Accepting Jesus is knowing Him as Savior, which is great and necessary, but this is just the beginning of our Journey. Following Him and living an Awakened Life is to know Him as Lord. It is to abide in Him and He in you 24/7, everywhere you go, and in everything you do or say (even when you are washing clothes, mopping floors, or anything else you are currently doing). The Awakened Life is a life of total abandonment to His awareness and attention and it is a gift even greater than salvation in my view. Lord, let it be so with me!