Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 1, 2022 at 7:05 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, November 1, 2022

I really like St. Patrick’s Breastplate, the prayer of Ireland’s patron Saint. It reminds me of the omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient nature of our God. It is truly inescapable and very comforting to know that the “Hound of Heaven” (Francis Thompson, 1890) is always pursuing and wooing me to Himself.

I am not sure that if you love God, you are right where you are supposed to be. I wish it were that simple and maybe it is, but as I have have said many times before there is a response (doing) expected of us. We are commanded to love God and to love others (1 John 4:20-21). We are admonished to be holy as God is holy (1 Peter 1:16). The promise that God will work all things out is for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). I would say that if you Love God, you are on the right track, but your faith journey has just begun.

As far as those that don’t love God, they are on the wrong track, they are lost and don’t know it. God/Jesus is right there at the door (closer than they think), but they have to believe and repent (Mark 1:15) and they have to open the door of their heart to Him (Revelation 3:20). The love of God and everything else flows out of faith in action.