Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 2, 2022 at 6:38 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, November 2, 2022

Yes, I know that I have an innermost being that was created by God when He knit me together in my Mother’s womb. “I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” For the record, this is why I believe that the only correct Biblical stance on the issue of abortion is pro life. We are a child of God from the moment of conception. In my view, there is no such thing as a Christian who is pro choice.

I join with Pascal (1670) in believing that “There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of each man which cannot be satisfied by any created thing but only by God the Creator, made know through Jesus Christ.” I call it the thumb print of the maker. It is my true self revealed only in Christ. This is why I believe every human being is instinctively searching and trying to fill the hole in their heart. JD is spot on when he says, “This is the deepest longing of our inmost being to live in attuned, abiding, and abandoned fellowship with God and with others.”

Another life verse for me that JD mentions in his closing prayer is Psalm 46:10, “Cease striving and know that I am God…” It is on a plaque on the end table next to my Jesus Chair where I meet with Him every morning. It is comforting to know that Jesus is already attuned to me and that my attunement, abiding, and abandonment will grow our of that with the help of His Holy Spirit that He sows in me when I cease my striving, believe and repent.