Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 4, 2022 at 6:32 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, November 4, 2022

I am a control freak, so it took me a long time to realize that I needed to switch from VFR to IFR. That I needed to surrender control, let go of the wheel, and make Jesus my pilot not just my copilot. That my way of navigating is not as good as His, especially in the storms of life, but also in the everyday decisions of life. The good news of the Gospel is that He is there in my innermost being. I have an internal means of navigation that is perfect and reliable.

I can’t relate to JD’s story because I am not a pilot, but I have been the captain of a boat in a storm. I know how hard it is to switch from sight to faith navigation. It takes faith and trust in your instrumentation because you can’t see in a storm. In the old days before chart plotters and GPS, it was the compass and before that it was the North Star (BTW – I don’t go that far back). Jesus must become our pilot, our compass, our North Star. He has to become our IFR if we want to navigate the storms of life and reach our destination. Lord let it be so with me.