Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 8, 2022 at 6:10 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, November 8, 2022

Yes, I have grasped the concept of Agape love and how it is the very nature of God (read the full explanation in 1 John 4:7-21). I also understand why JD repeatedly says it is about beholding and becoming not our behavior and actions. He says this because he believes that agape love must first transform our identity before it can transform our actions.

The only issue that I have with this line of thinking is that it is not a step by step process. You don’t become completely transformed and conformed to mind of Christ before you can move to the next step, behavior and actions. It does not work that way. In reality, it occurs simultaneously and is an ongoing never ending cycle of being and doing. We receive our identity on faith and we respond accordingly. It is the interaction of the two that produces the transformation. As I have repeatedly said before, the being (transformation) is in the doing (application). Faith without deeds and action is useless (James 2:20). Lord, let me receive my new identity in Christ (Agape Love) and respond accordingly!