Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 10, 2022 at 6:24 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, November 10, 2022

I love JD’s analogies and alliterations, they add a little levity and help communicate an important message. We are in need of rescue and redemption because we don’t live in the Garden of Eden. We are living in a broken world awaiting certain death. I see that more clearly every day, especially after Tuesday’s mid term election results. As Benjamin Franklin said, “in this world the only certainty is death and taxes.” Without God and His “rescue plan” that’s all there is to life in this World.

I can also resonate with the analogy of broken glass. We are broken people living in a broken World. The way I am bringing the broken pieces of my life, my inner most being, before God is through surrender and submission. Like an alcoholic at an AA meeting, I admit that I am living in a situation that I am powerless to change; I accept that there is a power greater than me that can rescue me from my situation; I acknowledge my shortcomings and failures; I humbly ask Him to rescue me; and I act accordingly by submitting and surrendering control of my life to live in accordance with His Word (do you like my alliteration?).

In response to my confession, He is putting the broken pieces of my life back together. He is rescuing me from certain death. He has adopted me into His family as a beloved child in whom He is greatly pleased. For that I am eternally grateful and will follow Him all the days of my life and I will reign with Him for all eternity.