Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 11, 2022 at 6:25 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, November 11, 2022

The V device is helpful in remembering the upside down paradox of the Gospel. You must descend in order to ascend. You must decrease in order for Him to increase. You must give up your life in order to gain it. This was first modeled by Christ/God himself as today’s text illuminates. As Disciples of Christ we are to do everything that He does. Grace is free for us, but true Discipleship is costly.

The secret to our awakening is the downward way of the Cross. We must meet Christ at the foot of the cross in what JD is calling “bonded attachment” (see my reflections from yesterdays reading). We must die and be crucified with Christ in order to be resurrected with Him (Romans 6:6, Galatians 2:20). I love the way the old Hymn “At The Cross” puts it, “At the cross, at the cross, where I first saw the light, And the burden of my heart rolled away, It was there by faith I received my sight, And now I am happy all the day!”

Mark are you still reading and tracking with us? Is there anybody else reading?