Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 13, 2022 at 6:11 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, November 13, 2022

Today’s reading looks at the parable of The Good Shepherd in John 10:9, “I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture”(NASB) and asks the question are you saved through Christ or in Christ? I immediately thought of Romans 10:9 “that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved”(NASB). It is significant to note that these two scriptures are the same chapter and verse in two different books. It is also important to note that both say “will be saved.”

I am not sure that I see a difference here. I believe we are saved by Grace alone through Christ by faith and surrender (belief and confession) and then we enter into Christ’s sheepfold and are saved. Anybody that enters any other way is either a thief and a robber or a wolf in sheep’s clothing (John 10:1, Matthew 7:15).

Unfortunately, most Christians stop just inside the door or gate to salvation. They are saved, but they are not sanctified (made Holy) in Christ. Just sitting inside the door to the sheepfold does make you a sheep. I think that is what today’s reading is about. Sanctification, as we have discussed is the ongoing process of abiding and abandonment (being and doing). If we have to be fully sanctified to be saved, then salvation would depend on what we do, not what Jesus has done and is doing in and through us. However, if we are just calling ourselves a sheep and not growing up in Christ, then we might be a thief and a robber or a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Lord, Am I wrong on this?