Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 16, 2022 at 6:36 am

The Seedbed Daily wake-Up Call, November 16, 2022

At this point in my journey, my focus is abiding in Christ and total abandonment of self. I have long since moved beyond mere awareness and affection. What I sense now is Jesus “wooing” and drawing me to go much deeper in my relationship with them (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) such that my life is totally hidden In abiding and abandonment, and that I become one with them (Colossians 3:3). This is both the greatest desire of my heart and my greatest challenge.

What is blocking this relationship is me. If I get distracted by the things of this world or stressed out, as I have been this week, my old controlling, self-absorbed, self-centered, selfish, self-serving nature pops out before my new loving nature in Christ can stop it. Bottom line, I have not completely died. I have not totally denied myself, picked up my cross, and joined them in their Holy Dance of agape love. I really don’t know what more I can do other than confess my shortcomings, ask forgiveness, and wait on the Lord, trusting in Him to finish what He has begun in me (Philippians 1:6). In the meantime, I apologize to everyone that has had to endure the old me and I ask you to grant me forgiveness and forbearance. I will try my best to grant you the same. So let it be written, so let it be done!