Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 18, 2022 at 5:59 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, November 18, 2022

No, I don’t wish it were about something else besides love. I am relieved that it is all about love. I believe this because because God is love (1 John 4:16). I am ready to align my whole life to obeying this commandment and to bear the fruit of the Spirit. However, I am concerned that some may believe that it is all about love (Grace) that there is no judgment (Truth), and that in the end we are all saved (Rob Bell, 2012).

The verse in today’s text that sticks out for me is John 15:10, “If you keep My commandments (plural), you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments (plural) and abide in His love” (NASB). We know the Greatest Commandments of the Law are to love God and others (Matthew 22:36-40). We also know that Jesus’s one commandment is “to love one another just as I have loved you”(John 15:12). My question is does the one commandment to love negate all the other commandments and is there no judgment for disobedience? Be careful, this is a very tricky question. Hint, see John 3:16-18 and Romans 8:1-14.