Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 20, 2022 at 6:19 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, November 20, 2022

I get the receiving the meat versus reading the menu analogy as far as salvation is concerned. You can’t just read and know about Jesus, you must receive Him. I would add that this also applies to sanctification (being Holy). You can’t just drink milk, you have to eat solid food/meat (1 Corinthians 3:1-2). The problem with most Christians is not that they are the other side of salvation, it is that they are just this side of salvation. They stop short of sanctification and remain infants in Christ rather than becoming spiritual adults and parents. They can’t feed themselves and they are not potty trained.

As far as the Holy Spirit is concerned, I believe it is more than a matter of receiving the Holy Spirit. The receiving occurs when we repent, surrender our lives and accept Christ as the Son of God by faith and are baptized as a public declaration of our faith (Acts 2:38). We receive Him at the moment of conversion, but many of us do not fully release the Holy Spirit to do the work of transformation in us. It is a matter of both receiving and releasing. Lord, may it be so with me.