Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 23, 2022 at 7:02 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, November 23, 2022

I can hear the laughter of those who know me well. I am not a patient person. I don’t like lines; I don’t like traffic, and I don’t like waiting on results or for other people to act or just get out of my way. I know the root cause of my impatience is my desire for control and my fear of the unknown, but my efforts to do anything about it seem futile. Patience is a major area of spiritual growth for me.

I am learning to be more patient and to wait on the Lord. The reason that I am learning to be more patient is that I have learned that the outcomes are always better and that everything always works out in time (Romans 8:28). In fact, one of my favorite “life verses” is Isaiah 40:31, “Yet those who wait for the Lord Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary” (NASB).

JD introduces a helpful concept in this morning’s reading that I find comforting as an impatient person. The idea of “active waiting” is a useful practice. Another reason for my lack of patience, is my dislike for inaction, ambivalence or a que sera sera attitude. Remember, I am like Will Roger’s, I believe that “even if your on the right track, you will get run over, if you just sit there.” Active waiting gives me something to do while I am waiting. I can pray and serve others. I can keep my lamp full of oil and my wick trimmed and be ready (Luke 12:35, Matthew 25:1-13) while I am waiting for Jesus to give me the very patience he asks for from me. Lord let it be so with me!