Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 24, 2022 at 6:17 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, November 24, 2022

Thanksgiving Day is an appropriate day to reflect on biblical gratitude. Biblical Gratitude is first and foremost our response to God’s love and His extraordinary generosity towards us. As our text says, “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.” Secondly, in addition to our praises and thanks to a good God, we are expected to love others generously.

In this sense, generosity does beget gratitude and gratitude always begets more generosity. However, in this world it does not always work that way. Generosity does not always inspire gratitude. If your generosity (love) is only a response to the gratitude of others, it is not biblical gratitude in my view. God loved us before we knew Him and He loves us generously despite our shortcomings. We love generously because He first loved us not because of the gratitude of those whom we love.

On this Thanksgiving Day, I am first and foremost thankful for a loving and generous God who has supplied me with my every need; who has protected me from the evil one; and who has led me in the path of righteousness with His Word (Jesus). I am also thankful for all of you who are reading, reflecting, and recording your thoughts on the Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call. Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day and love generously!