Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 25, 2022 at 5:51 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, November 25, 2022

The people that I know who are filled with patience and kindness don’t even have to think about it. It is just who they are. If you have to think about it and work at it, you probably don’t have it, and if you do it is more a matter of your image and reputation than who you really are.

I know that I am not as patient and kind as I should be, but that actually gives me hope that in God’s timing I will be. It’s the ones that think they are already kind and patient that will never get there. They view the fruit of the spirit (love) as some kind of spiritual merit badge to be worn rather than a matter of deep spiritual transformation.

Spiritual transformation comes from the inside out and involves a heart change that only God (The Holy Spirit) can accomplish. The only thing we can do is create environments that allow us to encounter the Holy Spirit and continue to practice the means of Grace that will transform us. I believe this involves repentance, willfulness, and humility. The only sacrifice God requires is a broken spirit and contrite heart (Psalms 51:17, Psalms 34:18). He will take care of everything else. Lord let it be so with me!