Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 2, 2022 at 5:30 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 2, 2022

The thing that today’s text and reading remind me of is that Christ has already come. Christ was with God in the beginning and through Him all things were made. He was, is, and is to come (Revelation 1:8). He is the light of the World for all of mankind. So, Christmas for me is a time of remembering this unchanging reality and looking forward to His Second Advent. When he will come not as a baby wrapped in swaddling clothes, but as the King of the Universe that He has always been from the very beginning.

The author’s description of this as a “constant, unchanging reality, not dependent on me at all” also reminds me that this not about me. I am merely a reflection of the light and apart from Him, I am nothing and a nobody. It also reminds me of what a pastor friend (Thad Haygood) taught me. He would always say, God (Christ) has always been and is always present. His hand is extended to all and He will never let go of those He holds. It is only when we let go of His hand that we fall away into the darkness. Hold tight to the hand of Christ and let His light shine through you to all who you encounter this Advent Season and until He comes again!