Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 4, 2022 at 6:14 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 4, 2022

I had to soak in this reading and listen closely to what the Holy Spirit is saying to me. First, Darkness is a reality just like Evil is a reality. You can’t have light without darkness and you can’t have good without evil. I neither diminish or deny the existence of darkness and evil in this world. I cling to the reality that Christ’s light shines into darkness and evil, and He has overcome both. I can be an overcomer by receiving and believing Christ. I am not powerless against darkness and evil, as long as I am in Christ, the light, the truth, and the way (John 14:6).

The other thing that comes to mind is that we are not in a battle with our worldly circumstances. We are in a spiritual battle with the rulers, principalities and worldly forces of darkness and evil, and the spiritual forces of evil in heavenly places. Claiming victory in Christ is not enough. We must suit up every day and put on the full armor of God and stand firm against the underlying forces of darkness and evil in the world (Ephesians 6:10-17).

What does that look like in practice? It means we act justly, love kindness, and walk humbly with God (Micah 6:8). It means we do no harm, we do good, and we stay in love with God. It means we do all we can to fight against the forces of evil in the world. God will take care spiritual forces in Heaven.

What are the forces of darkness and evil in the world today? They are the worldly ideologies, cultural norms, government laws and policies that are in opposition to God’s values, virtues, and truths as revealed in the Word of God (The Holy Bible). I will resist the temptation to enumerate them for you, but suffice it to say that you have an opportunity this week to stand firm against the worldly forces of darkness and evil when you cast your vote in the run off election. Stand firm in the armor of God, pass the ammunition, and go vote if you haven’t already done so!