Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 5, 2022 at 6:34 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 5, 2022

Sarah’s reflection on John 1:1-8 and her prayer this morning really resonates with my soul. I am so thankful Jesus invited me into His light and life even before I knew Him, and has given my life purpose and meaning as a “light-bearer” in the world. Yes, I can remember the ones who first shared the light and life of Christ with me and gently and sometimes not so gently kept me on the right path and in the light. Chief among these was my first love, Susan McClung Mills, and now my second first love, Ann Cannon Mills, has picked up that mantle. (Y’all pray for her).

Equally, if not more important, is the Holy Spirit, the witnesses of the light within me that I received when I surrendered my life to Christ. It is the Holy Spirit that keeps me focused so that I will be a more effective light bearer. He is the source of my power and moral suasion. He guides me in being a better reflector and instrument of God’s Grace and Truth even more than just a Watchmen for the morning (Psalm 130).

Fortunately, I can also recall the names of those who I have helped lead to and in the light. It has been my joy to watch them grow into mature Followers and Bearers of the light and life of Christ. I pray that there have been others that I don’t know about. It is my greatest desire that I continue to be a reflection and witness to Christ in my family and my world for as long as I live and that I would finish well. To receive the light and life of Christ, to become more like Him for the sake of others, and to have the privilege of carrying His virtues of Hope, love, Joy and Peace into the World is the greatest Christmas Gift of all.