Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 6, 2022 at 6:19 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 6, 2022

I agree with what Sarah finally said in this very long reading, “The reality of Christ’s light isn’t dependent on our ability to see it.” Just because at times I can’t see it or fully understand it, does not mean it is not there. Just because the World does not recognize and appreciate the light and just because some other believers don’t see it, which troubles me the most, does not mean it’s not there. The light has always and will always be there for all to see.

So what does it mean to have eyes to see the light? It means you have received the light, you believe in Him, and you have been born again. You have been given a new heart and eyes to see and ears to hear. Those eyes to see are sharpened by the reading the Word of God, listening to the Holy Spirit, and developing a Biblical World View. Your mind has been conformed to the mind of Christ. The light is not out there somewhere it is inside you.

I don’t think I have blind spots or that I focus on the darkness. I think tend to get distracted by circumstances and others and choose to ignore or hide the light. I fail to release the light within me. I believe the best way to avoid that is to share my light with others. It is to get my focus off of me and my circumstances and on the light. It is to, “Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, NASB). Lord, let it be so with me.