Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 7, 2022 at 5:40 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 7, 2022

In this World, we are always holding the tension between darkness and light, but we hold on to the hope of a new day dawning in Christ. Right now, I see hope in a new generation of young Christ Followers and leaders. My generation has had it’s day and is fading away. In many ways, we have failed to fulfill Christ’s Commandments and His Great Commission. It is this new generation of Christ followers who will lead the way to a great awakening. Our role as spiritual parents is to pour into them the hope of Christ that is in us and to witness to them the Glory we have seen in the one and only begotten Son of God.

Another takeaway for me from these passages in John is John 1:14, “And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth” (NASB). We also hold the tension between Grace (love) and Truth as we go into the World as bearers (witnesses) of the light. Grace without truth is cheap Grace and deceiving. Truth without Grace is legalism and condemnation.

In my view, we have not done a good job of holding these two aspect of Christ’s glory in proper tension. Otherwise, we would not have Christians supporting ideologies and values in opposition to the Word. Lord, help me to also be full of both Grace and Truth!