Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 8, 2022 at 6:24 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 8, 2022

Today’s text from Isaiah reminds me of our Seedbed life verse in Ephesians 5:14 “For this reason it says, “Awake, sleeper, And arise from the dead, And Christ will shine on you” (NASB). Both are a “hopeful invitation,” but for what purpose. How are we to apply this hopeful invitation?

The author refers to rising from deep darkness and incredible despair over the tragic unexplainable loss of her daughter three weeks before her birth. The prophet Isaiah is speaking of the deep darkness and incredible despair of the division, destruction, and oppression of God’s chosen people. Paul is speaking to the church and Christ Followers about “being imitators of God” living in an evil and dark world. He is admonishing us to not participate in the evil deeds of darkness, and to expose them to the light of Christ (Ephesians 5:11).

So what is the proper interpretation and applicationof of today’s text and reading? For me, it means that when I am in a time of deep darkness and incredible despair that I need to hold on to Jesus and know that this too will pass, that anger is for a moment, and weeping is for a night, but joy will come in the morning (Psalm 30:5). It means that I am to be an imitator of God not walking in darkness, but as a child of light. That I am to expose the evil deeds of darkness by speaking both Grace and Truth into the darkness. What does it mean to you?