Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 9, 2022 at 6:18 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 9, 2022

Two things stick out for me in today’s reading. First God’s Glory is not dependent on me. Secondly, even when darkness covers the earth, His light is still there and it will break through in time, just as surely as the sun rises every morning, even if we can’t see it. It never goes away.

We started this discussion with the inescapable reality of the existence of both light and darkness, and of good and evil. There will always be days of darkness and despair and evil is always present prowling around seeking whom it may devour. We can’t escape that reality, we can only face it and deal with it. The remedy is not to hide in a cave. The remedy is the hope we have in Christ, the light and life of the World, He is always there, even in the middle of the night, and He will shine on you, if you wake up to that reality and arise from the dead. You can stay in the light, if you just run to it. That may sound trite, but it works.

In my experience, you are always either in the light or in the dark, and when you are in the light, it is just a matter of time before the darkness will return. It’s just part of the rhythm of life in this broken and evil world. If you accept that, you can transcend it by accepting that the light is always there, that it will break through, and nothing can separate you from this love (Romans 8:28-39).

Right now in my life, I am living in the light of His Glory. The only despair that I am feeling and waiting for resolution is my despair over broken relationships in my family and the state of our country and the direction our current leadership is taking us. But that could change at any moment. We are are always only one phone call away from the next dark night of the soul. Lord, help me be ready and prepared!