Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 10, 2022 at 5:45 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 10, 2022

There are many important themes in today’s reading that are worthy of our reflection and application. The reality that the light of Christ both reflects and attracts caught my attention. John’s Gospel message that, “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it,” and that “the light of Christ and the way he redeems the darkness becomes a light that attracts others to its radiance” is instructive. And finally, in the incredible words of prophecy from Isaiah, “we’re reminded that God’s light is rising over the darkness of oppression, destruction, and division, and what will rise from that darkness will be so glorious that nations will be drawn to its light, and kings to its brightness. Isaiah promises that God’s faithfulness will be reflected in the people of God, in their story of his faithfulness to them, in Christ’s arrival, and in Christ’s return.” That promise gives me great hope.

But the big takeaway for me is that “My darkness may find redemption as I share God in my story, that my life may attract others to His light.” This Advent season, I pledge to more intently listen to other’s story of darkness and despair, and to share my story of redemption that is still being written every day by the God of the Universe. We all have a story to tell and in the sharing of our stories the Light of Christ will shine through. My greatest desire is to be a pure reflection of Christ’s light that redeems and attracts others to Him. Lord let it be so with me!