Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 12, 2022 at 6:19 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 12, 2022

“If it’s not one thing, it’s another.” I doubt that there is anyone that has not uttered those words at some point in their life. If you haven’t, you either have not lived long enough or you are just oblivious to what’s happening in your life.

We have all been guilty of making the futile request for the world to hold still for a moment and for things to just slow down so we can catch up. Guess what anchor buddies, it is not going to happen. The World, life, keeps moving on wether we want it to or not. You can’t just decide to get off or stop living, short of suicide, which I contemplated at one point in my life, when I thought my world was spinning totally out of control.

Thank God, I was surrounded by other people that had something that I did not have. I watched them experience the same things that I was experiencing, but they handled it entirely different. They had Christ, “the everlasting light.” If you are in Christ, the world does not stop spinning and as Forest Gump says, “…., happens,” but you know that “the Lord is your everlasting light and that your days of sorrow will end.” That changes your entire perspective on life. You can actually embrace your darkness and despair, and rejoice because you know that God is in control and that “your world is not falling apart, it’s falling into place” and you can “Just be held” until the darkness and despair passes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZitK6_IMQ).