Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 14, 2022 at 7:00 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 14, 2022

Right now, I am in between times of darkness and despair, but I don’t ever recall doubting His faithfulness or pulling into the darkness. I don’t need the evidence of the Messiah’s arrival to remind me of God’s enduring faithfulness? I have asked why many times. I have sought relief in the wrong places a few times, and I definitely tend to look for God to fulfill things in my timing instead of His. However, my confidence (faith) in His faithfulness is based on what He has already done, what He has done for me in the past, and the blessed assurance that He will do it again. It always works out “in its time” and if it doesn’t, He gives me the strength to endure it.

Verse 22 in today’s scripture reading reminds me of the importance of accepting God’s timing. “In it’s time, I will act swiftly.” The NASB says, “I, the Lord, will hasten it in its time.” This tells me two things. First, I can’t hasten it by my actions. No matter how hard I try or how much I fret, worry or rail about it. It is what it is. Secondly, when God decides it is time it will happen suddenly and quickly. It will happen when you least expect it. This is the way He operates, and this is the way His second coming will be.

So what should be my response to this reality of life? First, wait on the Lord. His timing is perfect and those who wait on Him, “Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.” Another great promise from the prophet Isaiah (Isaiah 40:31). Secondly, be ready because when He does act it will happen swiftly. Lord, let be found awake, alert, and ready when you come!