Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 16, 2022 at 6:24 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 16, 2022

When I consider the light of the World (Jesus) whose first coming we celebrate at Christmas every year, I consider both what is happening now and what is to come, His Second Coming. I also believe in miracles, in the diffusion of the light, and its multiplying effect. What happened to Elizabeth and Mary thousands of years ago is still affecting everyone on the planet. I don’t fear disappointment for I know with God nothing is impossible and no word from God will ever fail or fall short, and it will always accomplish what God desires (Luke 1:37, Isaiah 55:11).

The thing that jumped out at me from today’s text is Mary’s response to the word of God. I prefer the way the NASB translates her response, “And Mary said, “Behold, the bond slave of the Lord; may it be done to me according to your word” ( Luke 1:38). Her response was different from Zacharias and Elizabeth’s response to the word from God. She questioned, but did not doubt. She accepted it as a miracle from God and a calling. My prayer now and in the future is that it may be done to me according to God’s Word and Will for me, for I am a bond slave of the the Lord.