Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 18, 2022 at 6:28 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 18, 2022

There have been many places and times in my life where I have been struggling to figure things out (discern what is right in God’s sight) and God has provided me with light (guidance and direction). I have never been visited by an angel. I run to scripture as my first source of Guidance and Direction, but my greatest source of discernment is the Holy Spirit (the angel that lives within me), who in order to speak requires that I stop struggling and be still, and know that He is God (Psalm 46:10). I also need solitude and silence in order to hear clearly.

Sarah makes two important points in today’s reading. First, “Rest, deep rest can be an avenue for clarity and provide room for the kind of listening that’s necessary in faithful discernment.” My struggles to discern usually occur at night and can result in panic attacks. This is usually followed by a period of deep sleep. When I awake, I can see more clearly what to do next. My weeping is at night, but my light and joy comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5).

Secondly, “God speaks through his light and through his light that shines in others.“ Seeking affirmation and wise counsel from trusted advisers that know me well is another part of my discernment process. However like Joseph, I do what the Lord commands me. Lord let it always be so with me!