Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 19, 2022 at 6:19 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 19, 2022

Obedience in my view has two dimensions. First, there are the known boundaries that do not have to be discerned. They are made clear to us in the law of the land and in God’s Holy Word. These are the fixed boundaries of the sandbox that we live, work, and play in. We stray outside these boundaries at our own peril. In doing this it is important to remember that as Christ Followers, we have a dual citizenship, but our first loyalty is to the Kingdom of God and the things of God. Just because the prevailing culture or the law of the land says it is ok, does not make it ok for us.

Then we have the unknown aspects of daily living. These are the everyday decisions regarding the “next right thing.” I use to strive for “big audacious goals” in my life. I wanted to do big things for God and in my community that would make a big difference and that would be recognized and remembered. This resulted in a lot of “strategic” planning and then asking God to bless it. I no longer do that. I just try to live responsibly and obediently between the known boundaries and the will of God for me, big or small. I trust God for determining the next right thing for me and I focus on being and doing. As someone said, I just show up, pay attention, and do what He tells me to do. I live by three simple rules, Act Justly, Love kindness, and walk humbly with my Lord (Micah 6:8).