Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 20, 2022 at 6:43 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 20, 2022

What struck me in today’s reading is that God chose to reveal himself through the ordinary and lowly in the view of the “artificial structures of human value” that we have constructed. This should give hope to all those who may “feel lost in the shadows, overlooked, unseen, and forgotten” this Christmas.

But what about those of us who are privileged to live a life of abundance and that have benefited from the artificial structures of the World. What is our response to the light that was first revealed to lowly Shepherds in the field? The first thought that comes to my mind is that we should not consider our human identity or position in society (high or low) to be something to be reckoned with. God sees us all the same. There is no partiality, distinctions or hierarchy in the Kingdom of God. Our response should be one of humility and awe.

The second thing that comes to mind is receptivity. Humility is recognizing God for who He is. Receptivity is accepting Him as the life and light of the World. Do we really believe; have we repented of our human sensibilities and artificial constructs; have we seen the light and are we making the light known by glorifying and praising God for all we have seen and heard (Luke 2:20). Lord, let it be so with me!