Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 22, 2022 at 6:36 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 22, 2022

It is important to realize and proclaim that both a Savior and a Lord is born on Christmas Day. The vast majority of people in the world either don’t know Him or only know Him as Savior, as we have discussed many times here before. Fewer than 11% know Him as Lord and even fewer, less than 2%, reach full maturity by becoming one with the Lord as exhibited by profound love of God and a profound love for all of humanity (Barna, 2011).

My question for us this morning is, what can we do about it? I know I am not there yet, so I could just focus on working out my salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12) and leave everyone else to deal with their own salvation. The whole of Scripture and Jesus’s Commission to go and make Disciples, teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you does not support that posture. He was not born and He did not die for that purpose alone.

So what can we do for ourselves and others? Apparently, all the church programs and activities have not worked or the church would not be so divided and we would have more people that know Him as both Savior and Lord. The only thing that I have found that works is abiding in Christ through the personal practice of the spiritual disciplines and gathering together corporately in small spiritual units (bands) for prayer, encouragement, the study of God’s core truths, and mutual accountability.

My prayer for everyone in this reading band is that we would grow to know Him more deeply, follow Him more nearly, and make Him known more fully by others in our families, our churches, our work places, our community, and the World. That we would be both hearers and doers of the Word. That we would become disciples that make disciples. Lord, let it be so with us!