Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 23, 2022 at 6:50 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 23, 2022

As today’s text and the author makes clear, we have been given a sign, and it is Jesus Christ, the living word, who became flesh in order to show us the way home to God. As Paul says in Romans 1:19 “because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse,” We are without excuse, we know the way.

I don’t think we retreat to the shadows of uncertainty as much as we either don’t know Him at all or we chose to ignore Him and go our own way. For those reading this reflection, it is probably the latter. We are looking for the big sign, the next big move, when the real way is found in “daily righteous living.” The Christian life is a race, but it is a marathon not a sprint. It is a series of daily steps, a matter of putting one foot in front of the other, even when we don’t think we can. The righteous man shall live by faith (Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:11). The righteous don’t need a sign, they already have one. Praise God!