Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 24, 2022 at 6:10 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, December 24, 2022

Sarah, like me, uses a lot of words to develop and present her points. The problem with this is that sometimes the reader can get lost in our rhetoric. Three words in her reflection today says it all for me, “Light requires response.” The light has dawned and it will rise just as surely as the sun rises, wether we respond to it or not, but Jesus invites us to participate in the light.

The question is what is our response going to be? The Shepherd’s response was “Let us go straight to Bethlehem then, and see this thing that has happened which the Lord has made known to us” (Luke 2:15). Our first response is to see, to behold Christ, to believe for ourselves, and to become like Him, but we can’t stop there and just sit in awe of His wonder.

If you read a little further in our text today, you will find that “When they had seen this, they made known the statement which had been told them about this Child” (Luke 2:17). Their response was both to see and to tell others. They knew Him and they made Him known. Their worship was more than beholding and receiving Him. It was “by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship” (Romans 12:1). Once again, it is a matter of being and doing. Being a living and holy sacrifice like Christ and then doing what He has commanded us to do. It is both simple and profound, light requires response.

This Advent season let’s focus on both seeing (awakening) and responding to the light. My response, with the help (mercies) of God, is going to be to stay out of the darkness and to be more trusting and obedient. What is your response?