Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 2, 2023 at 6:39 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, January 2, 2022

I did not comment on yesterday’s Wake-Up call. I read it, but did not have time to share my reflections. Ann and I were participating in an all night “Watchnight Service” led by the youth minister of our church, The Chapel Ministries. The service began with corporate worship and prayer from 10:00-12:00 am and then at midnight and every hour from then until 10:00am New Years Day, we worshiped and prayed over a verse from the Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13). The Biblical foundation and inspiration for this service was Matthew 6:33, “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you” and Ephesians 5:14 “For this reason it says, “Awake, sleeper, And arise from the dead, And Christ will shine on you” (NASB).

Can you imagine my amazement when the next morning I read the Daily Wake-Up call, where JD was suggesting the same thing. His statement that, “Our (new year) resolutions and resolve aren’t bad, just futile,” and his suggestion, What if we started out this year on our knees, reminding one another of the mercy, grace, and faithfulness of God,” was a huge word of affirmation for me. Then we attended the New Year’s Day Worship Service and our pastor announced that Prayer was going to be our word and focus for the new year, “On our knees in 23.” You would have to be blind, dumb, and living in a cave to not hear the voice of the Holy Spirit in all of this.

The challenge will be to not only see and hear, but to respond. So my “Word for the New Year” is Matthew 6:33 “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” This year I am going to focus on prayer and seeking First His Kingdom and His righteousness. Lord, help me too see what that is in practice and to do what you tell me to do.