Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 3, 2023 at 6:34 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, January 3, 2022

I love Venn Diagrams. They are widely used graphics that utilize three intersecting circles to shows the logical relationship between things. The intersection of the three circles is referred to as the “sweet spot.” It is where the whole becomes more than the sum of its parts. It is where you achieve synergy and can do more than you can do in any one part. I used Venn diagrams a lot in my professional career to help explain the interdependency of different concepts or different aspects of the whole. For example, leadership is the intersection of mastery of self, mastery of relationships, and mastery of action. The intersection of all three is where you find exemplary leadership. I have also used a Venn Diagram to help explain the power of the Trinity.

In today’s Wake-Up Call, JD had us draw only two intersecting circles, the present age and the age to come. He had us label the intersection of the two circles, the here and now. This diagram suggests to me that one can live in the past, the future, or in the sweet spot, the here and now. This is probably the origin of the saying: that yesterday is gone; tomorrow is not ours to hold; and all we have is today, so make the most of it.

I suggest, and I suspect JD will go there tomorrow, that there is a third circle or dimension, Jesus, the one who was, who is, and who is to come.

As Christ Followers, “when are we” is in Christ. He is the sweet spot and a different approach for living in the here and now than the ones JD describes in today’s reading. Abiding and remaining in Christ is our sweet spot and it’s where we can accomplish far more than we can ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20). This is why I chose Matthew 6:33, “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you” as my word for the New Year.