Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 4, 2023 at 6:07 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, January 4, 2022

Well JD did not exactly go where I thought he was going, no third circle. Instead he had us draw and overlay a map with three movements that tell the big story of God: 1. Creation/Corruption, 2. Consecration, 3. Consummation/New Creation. Ok, regardless of how you draw, map it or label it, the point is we live in the here and now between the first and second coming of Christ.

This is referred to in Eschatology, the study of the end times, as the Age of the Church or Gentile Dispensation. It is the gap between the 69th and 70th week of Daniel (see Daniel 9). JD calls it, “the epic era of Consecration—the complete consecration of God in love for the world he created….the period between the comings of Jesus—the age of the Holy Spirit…the Age of Great Awakening.”

I am not necessarily growing weary of all this map making, but I have already been there and done that and I am ready to move on, but not to a cup of chicken soup for the soul. In my view, there is too much of that in our preaching and teaching in the church today. What I am seeking is practical pragmatic strategies for living in this age of here, but not yet.

JD says, “It is not a try harder to be better behavior modification strategy. It is a trust deeper, rest securely, live fully way of life as the Holy Spirit restores the image of God in us together as unveiled and revealed by his Son.” I assume this is what he means by consecration or what I would label as sanctification. I believe we have a part to play in consecration/sanctification and it is not to just passively sit in church waiting for it to happen by osmosis. I look forward to finding out more about consecration/sanctification tomorrow.