Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 5, 2023 at 6:03 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, January 5, 2022

As I said yesterday morning, I think another word for consecration is sanctification. Consecration is all the things JD said it is, “It means it’s time to rise and shine. Put on the armor of light. It means to make an offering of your whole self to God who knows you better than you know yourself; who created your inmost being; who loves you beyond imagining. To consecrate oneself is to wake up to your true self and begin living your real life which will be found in Jesus or not at all. It means to say, Jesus, I belong to you, and then to say it until you are praying it and to pray it until you are playing it.”

It is also to become sanctified, holy and pure as God is holy and pure. It is to be set apart and different from the present evil age. It is to live in the here and now like you were in the Age to come. It is to be the salt and light in your world. Unfortunately, when I look at my behavior and the behavior of other Christians in the here and now, I don’t see much difference. Somehow we have lost our saltiness and our light has grown dim. Why is that?

What I struggle with is how to become consecrated and sanctified without being self righteous, judgmental or legalistic. “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1). Does this mean anything goes? I don’t think so. The only thing I can come up with is to live within the boundaries of Scripture; listen to Him; and do what He says. Consecration/Sanctification is found in the doing of God’s Will, putting His Kingdom and His Righteousness first. What do you think?