Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 6, 2023 at 6:24 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, January 6, 2022

I have had many epiphanies in my walk with our Lord. Those aha moments that provide new revelation and fresh spiritual inspiration for new direction or some action on my part. I am very prone to “rush to the functional question, what do we need to do now?” When the eyes of my heart are opened, I feel compelled to respond immediately, to say or do something. I am very goal and task oriented.

What I have experienced is that nobody cares or is really interested in listening to me. I feel like a voice crying out in the wilderness. Those who know and love me, constantly reassure me that my efforts are not totally in vain, but they also advise me to “cease striving, be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10) or to “wait on the Lord…” (Isaiah 40:31). I usually react negatively to this counsel, which only adds to my frustration and “holy” discontent with the status quo. I am by nature a change agent and a fixer, so I feel compelled/called to make things right and better for everyone.

JD’s counsel to reframe the question is more helpful. I resonate with asking, “How am I seeing more of you, Father? How am I knowing you better, Jesus? How am I perceiving your voice and movement, Holy Spirit?This is what I try to do every morning when I read, reflect, and record my thoughts here and in my journal. What I have learned and know is that I can’t change or fix anything or anybody. Only God can do that and apart from Him, I can do nothing (John 15:5).

So, I am trying to change my response. I am going to try to focus on seeing God more clearly; Knowing Jesus more deeply, and following the Holy Spirit more nearly. To go only where He sends me and where He is already working. To not worry about what others are doing or not doing and to stop trying to change or fix things and others. To put His Kingdom and His righteousness first and everything else will work itself out. Lord, I have said this many times before, help me to actually do it this time.