Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 10, 2023 at 6:54 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, January 10, 2022

I am pondering two statements JD makes in his reflections this morning: 1)“There are only two kingdoms—the kingdom of this world and the kingdom of Jesus Christ. 2) The kingdom of Jesus is breaking forth in all sorts of surprising and unexpected ways. All it takes is the simple obedience of someone like you.” I understand what he is saying, but I am not sure it really works that way.

First, I don’t believe in dualism. There is only one God and one Kingdom. There is no divine and secular. It is all divinely created. When sin entered the world through disobedience, the world became divided between those who are obedient and those who are not, but there is still really only one Kingdom on earth as it is in Heaven.

Secondly, the Kingdom of Jesus is going to break through wether I participate (obey) or not. It really is not about me or dependent on me. If I don’t answer the call somebody else will. Joseph and Mary are in the recorded story because they believed and were obedient, but I can’t believe the story would not have happened, if they had decided to not obey what they heard in their dream. It was all predestined to happen.

So what’s my point? My point is we have to choose who we will serve and we may never know what our simple act of obedience will accomplish. We don’t make history, but we can participate in history making by staying awake (alert) and by practicing simple obedience, which is JD’s main point in today’s reading.