Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 14, 2023 at 6:13 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, January 14, 2022

These stories always move me to tears. I can only imagine the pain and suffering of parents who have lost a child. I have never experienced that kind of loss and suffering. I have, so far, lived a relatively normal blessed life. None of my children, grandchildren, or great grandchildren were born with a terminal medical condition. I have lost loved ones, and I have had my ups and downs, but I don’t have a story like this nor was I redeemed from a life of addiction or any of the other consequences of a fallen and broken world when I accepted Christ.

I often ask myself and God why? I am no different than the people in this story and I certainly don’t deserve the life I have anymore than they deserve the life they have. Is it just genetics, the luck of the draw, or divine favor for making good choices. No one chooses where or to whom they are born, and no one chooses to have bad genes or to have a child born with a birth defect.

What the Holy Spirit stirred in me this morning is the same thing He always says to me when I hear stories like this or ponder the life questions above. It really doesn’t matter what happens to you or why; what matters is how you handle it. That is what makes the difference and separates people.

What matters and it was reflected by everyone in this story is wether you are in Christ. Are you a bearer of the light of Christ? “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).