Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 15, 2023 at 6:19 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, January 15, 2023

“It is not enough to be secure; we can be so secure that life turns dull and tame and full of boredom.” I have never considered the idea that the freedom (security) we have In Christ, frees us for adventure, but I find it comforting. I have often heard it said that Christians are dull, boring and not much fun to be around. So what does it mean to be a Christian (not a head hunter) and to be free to “explore life.”

Well first, I don’t think it means that my life is secure (salvation) so let’s just relax, eat, drink, and enjoy yourself (Like 12:19). I hate to be dull, boring and no fun to be around, but I don’t believe exploring life in Christ is about you and your pleasure. It’s not that we don’t get to enjoy life, have fun, and go on adventures. Jesus said, I have come so that you would not only have life, but that you would have it abundantly (John 10:10). It’s that our fun, the abundant life, our adventures in exploring life, have boundaries and they do have limits. Most importantly, they are not just about us. They are about loving God and loving others by sharing our blessings. In this sense, our adventures in exploring life are limitless and there is a surprise around every corner. Lord, let it be so with me!