Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 18, 2023 at 6:32 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, January 18, 2023

This is one of those tough teachings for my generation. We often complain about the younger generations and we bemoan the fact that they are turning away from God and the organized Church, but when it comes to doing something about it, we are at a loss. If you took the time to listen to all the Seven Minute Seminary presentations, you should realize that the solution to the “wicked problems” facing our youth as they transition from childhood to adulthood is “inter generational discipleship.” It is spiritual parents and spiritual grandparents investing in the younger generations and emerging adults. It means, “kingdom parents” must wake up and rise up, but how?

I was really struck by the fact that JD says, “this is not something that happens primarily at church.” Additionally, as he notes in his footnote, “Over the past fifty years or so the primary expression of this has been for adults to become volunteers in the youth ministry at church. While this is a good thing, we must get well beyond it in the fifty years to come.” I can really resonate with those statement as an older person. The call for volunteers is always there, but there is more to it than that and I find that challenging as an older Christ Follower.

My first thought is that my calling and the focus of my ministry has been on discipling adults, primarily fathers, to be Godly men and disciple makers. I am going to have to spend more time thinking and praying about investing my life in younger generations and emerging generations.